Oi, you. Blog Off.

Monday, August 07, 2006

You can't get rid of me that easily

I'm back. I have been too busy to post recently but, feeling a sense of duty to my legion of fans, here I am. Its been a good few days, went up to Sheffield to visit my ladyfriend, spoke to leftie legend Tony Benn on the phone today, and to top it off, I have allowed myself to listen to my favourite CD.
Common - Like Water for Chocolate is so deeply important to me that I am terrified of getting sick or bored of it. Hence, I can only listen to it 6 times a year. This may seem drastic, but songs, albums, and entire bands have succumbed to my habit for overlistening. When I first got By the Way, I listened to it (and I'm not exaggerating here) at least twice a day for a month. I bloody loved it. Now, it falls on deaf ears. Well, I still like it but I've just heard it too much.
My work experience is going pretty well, not sure if Journalism is for me though. I think instead I'm going to put all my effort and ambitions into my book. If it fails my life will be over. But if it succeeds I would be rather chuffed. Meanwhile I don't really care if I fail or succeed at journalism. I don't think its what I'm meant to do. But that's getting a bit deep isnt it!
Who knows. I feel quite optimistic today. I'm sure tomorrow I will be crying into my coco pops.
Take care of yourself, blogophiles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home