Oi, you. Blog Off.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Bring Back Worcester Sauce Crisps Campaign


Fans of the blog may have noted a decrease in the frequency of my posts. I could blame laziness. I could blame the fact that the novelty has worn off.
But no, in my local newsagent today, I realised what has triggered the creative malaise that has almost destroyed my blogging career.

Walkers don't make Worcester Sauce crisps any more.

What? I hear you cry. Fucking what?! Yup, they're my favourite flavour too. Do they expect us to just happily move over to French Fries? What am I am moron? French Fries are shit!

I sent them an e-mail demanding an answer, and got this.

Thank you for your recent enquiry. Unfortunately, this product is no longer available. The main reason for this was that demand was disappointingly low. Our Marketing Team do however, continue to monitor the requirements of our consumers to make sure our current product range reflects consumer preferences. Please be assured, we have forwarded your comments on to our Marketing Team for their attention. Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to contact us. Regards Consumer Care TeamWalkers Snack Foods Limited

Demand was disappointingly low? What if demand was low for penicillin one year, would millions die? If Walkers ran the NHS we bloody would.

The Worcester Sauce crisp is more than just a crisp. Its part of being English. Its part of sticking two fingers up to america and their 'Corn Chips' and saying 'Suck on my Lea and Perrins, fat boy'.

The internet is a powerful political force these days. Comment below, in your thousands, and we'll see if Walkers will turn their back on us.

2 Comments:

  • 100% support in your worthy quest. Who do they think they are?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:59 AM  

  • Dear Sir,

    I could not disagree more strongly with the comments expressed in the above article. The crisp variety of worcester saucery flavouring are a mere shallow imitation of the wondrous vibrant taste explosion that is emitted when crunching through a bag of french fries...

    The disappearance of the crisps are a reflection of this sub-standard taste experience in my humble opinion.

    VIVE LE FRENCH FRIES!!!!!

    :0)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home