Oi, you. Blog Off.

Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm back

Could this be the longest gap between two blog posts of any blog in the world? Possibly. No, definitely.
Still, 186 people over the past four months, you can't argue with that. That's slightly more than one a day. Most of which would be me. But hey, this isn't a popularity contest, I'm happy as long as I know that one day when I'm a internationally renowned writer people will look at my blog and think 'golly, he's always been a genius'.
So what's happened in the world since I last posted? Saddam was hung, which was disgusting. How we can claim to be 'civilised' when we do that to someone, no matter how despicable. I don't know. Surely rotting in jail would be far greater suffering? Unless you believe in Hell. Which I don't.
Also, I've got an interview for a job at the Guardian next week which I couldn't be any more excited about. Rather than trying to not think about it so I'm not disapointed when I don't get it, I've opted for the approach where you fantasize about the job constantly so you feel immense pressure during the interview and paper cut your wrists using the rejection letter.
It's an internetty job so I should probably refer them to this blog as an example of my savvy...or not. I'm actually thinking of making a jackarnott.com but am not keen on self-indulgence.

I'm trying to make this job more useful so am going to post some of my wisdom later today. Hold your breath...

1 Comments:

  • Am intrigued by what the job was - a friend of mine works for Guardian Unlimited, you might be working alongside!

    By Blogger Kat, at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home